Follow below-mentioned steps to install and set up the Nest Thermostat in your home.
1: Remove Your Current Thermostat
First of all, find the thermostat in your home and turn it off. If still it is powered on then you should turn off the cooling, heating, and fan. It is also a decent idea if you are suing any thermostat then remove backup batteries.
Now take the Nest Thermostat base plate and place it on the wall wherever you want the Nest Thermostat.
3: Set Up the Nest Thermostat
- The first step to set up the Nest Thermostat is choosing your language.
- Now the second step is to connect the thermostat to your Wi-Fi network and thus drive on the component to get started.
- Pick your Wi-Fi network from the list provided.
- Now enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and then change the selector to the checkmark icon when you are finished with it.
- You will get a confirmation which allows you to know that thermostat is connected and online.
- Now you need to set up your location. This will display the local weather on your thermostat.
- Choose the continent in which you live in.
- Enter the zip code of your location by using the silver dial to choose a number.
- Noe select what kind of place you live in- Single family, Multi-family, Business, Apt. /Condo.
- Choose where the thermostat is located in your apartment or house.
- Set up the heating and cooling to make sure that your thermostat is working correctly.
- The next screen will check your system.
- Now you will choose the fuel source for your heating. If you don’ know then select “I Don’t Know” from the list.
- After that, choose the type of heating you want. The first option is forced air heating.
- Now set up the minimum and maximum temperature that the thermostat should heat or cool when you are away from the house.
- You will also off the button if you are leaving your house for some time.
- Once testing is over, then the Nest Thermostat is set up and ready to use, but you need to set up the Nest app on your smartphone.
4: Set Up the Nest App for Remote Control:
- Once you are done with the Nest Thermostat set up, now it time to install the app on your smartphone and connect it to the thermostat so that you can monitor and modify the temperature from your phone.
- Download the Nest app from the Google Play or iTunes App store depending on your device.
- Once downloading is completed, open its set up and choose “Sign up”.
- Now enter your email address and come up with a PIN for Nest account. Then hit “Sign up”.
- Then follow the steps and feed the input which the app are asking.
- Now Nest Thermostat will show up on the main screen of the Nest app.
- You can hit on it to take it up and begin controlling the thermostat remotely.